Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!!!

Hello everyone!

It's FINALLY Easter! I love this day- it's my most favorite day of the year! I've already attended a sunrise service at my church and am so excited about going back for the main service. The sunrise today was beautiful! The weather was a little on the chilly side, but it wasn't too bad. I am so thankful that spring has finally arrived! I was afraid that it wouldn't make it. The warm weather has definitely invigorated me- inside and out. Yesterday, John and I spent most of the day in our favorite room, the lanai.

Here's one of my favorite pics that I took a handful of years ago, I think that it just screams the true Reason for everything:


Things have been super crazy around here recently. Not much is new, just staying busy with work and Bible study. But here's the new stuff:

I'm hosting a table at my church's annual Women's Ministry Tea. It really happened by accident. I wasn't planning on hosting a table, but we had too many people invited for everyone to sit at Mindy's table. When I went to find out where Amy, Eileen and I could find three spots together, I was told that one lady who had a table dropped out and they desperately needed someone to host that table. Next thing I knew, I was getting the information and tickets in the mail. I think it will be fun. Amy is helping me (I don't really know if she wanted to, but we're in this thing together- lol!). The theme of our table will be a beach luau. We are going to have leis and everything. Our philosophy for the day will be "we may not have the cutest table, but it will be the funnest!" We want everyone to know that we are in it to have a blast! Do you think a conga line around the table at some point during the day will be too much???

The next biggest news is kinda scary, but I know everything will turn out alright. A couple of weeks ago I found a lump in my left breast. I went to the doctor and she seems to think that it's no big deal, but I get to have my first mammogram on Tuesday (oh, joy). I'm a little nervous, and definitely anxious for the results (hopefully, I will have them by the end of the week), but I have peace that everything will work out fine. I know that no matter what happens, God will take care of me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment