Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's a "No"

I believe that God gives one of three answers to prayer: "yes", "no" or "wait". After much prayer and seeking with Christian counsel (the hubs, LOG, and those in the teaching field) I have come to the solemn conclusion that seeking a position in teaching is not where God wants me to go. Not yet anyway. Every time that I would pray for guidance, God would respond back with news reports or counsel telling me that now is not the time, this is not the economy. With so much negativity, I feel the breeze go by as He gently closes the door. I have spent much time in prayer and thought about going back to school and earning (yet another) degree (like the two I have are lonely). I've decided that it would not be worth the expense of time and money to attend school for a degree that I'm not even 100% sure that I would enjoy the field.

I do wonder though if I misinterpreted the calling of taking the GACE. If He didn't want me to be a teacher at this point, then why take it? Why would He want me to spend His money like that? To work toward something that did not achieve the outcome that seemed so obvious? As I continue reading Beth Moore's new book (So Long Insecurity) I wonder if it was to boost the confidence I have in myself; to prove to myself that I am, with His help, capable of more than I imagine.

Now the question at hand becomes, where does He want me to go next. In the mean time, I will do the only thing I know how at this point: continue doing what He called me to do last (what I am certain of) and wait for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment