Sunday, June 27, 2010

Future Opportunities

Heather called me yesterday and told me about a very exciting proposition that may be making it's way to my door soon. She had taken a continuing education course with her yoga instructor who asked her how many back up instructors she had for the studio (we only have 2 instructors at the studio- Heather and China- so there really are no back ups for them). Her teacher had been thinking about offering a training course at our studio to help train new instructors (yay!). It would be a shorter course that would allow the students to begin teaching a beginner's yoga course at our studio (it would not be a complete yoga instructor certification course (200 hrs), but enough to start teaching). Since I'd talked with Heather about teaching in the past, I was the first one that she called to spread the good news. The start time and cost are still up in the air; really the whole program is up in the air- it would depend on how many other students would be taking the course.

It's definitely good news, but I'm not sure what action to take. John and I have been working so hard on saving money and the thought of shelling out a few hundred or even over a thousand dollars to get me partially certified makes me feel sick. I definitely think that I wouldn't begin the classes until after we hit our savings goals in September. Other wise it would just push everything back (and we've been working so hard to reach our goal). On the flip side, I wouldn't want this opportunity to pass me by. It would definitely teach me more about yoga for my personal benefit and it would help me decide if I would want to continue my education further and complete my certification to be a certified yoga instructor, where I could teach all levels of yoga. It would also give me the opportunity to help out Heather more at the studio (teaching a class or two a week and filling in where I may be needed), allow me to help grow the company and the yoga community in our area and give me more opportunities to use my degree and business experience.

One question that I did have and was happy to hear the answer is that if I did complete the full certification, once I'm certified that certification will go with me everywhere, so when we move to Florida I wouldn't have to worry about loosing my certification or having to re-certify. Which, for me, makes this more compelling. I could get my certification up here, learn the business and then when we move to the Tampa area, open my own studio down there.

It seems like such a good opportunity. I just want to make sure that I make the best decision. I want to do what God wants me to do. Hopefully, He will put His two cents in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment