Friday, May 7, 2010

Atlanta Botanical Gardens

John took me to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens today to celebrate my upcoming birthday. It was a much needed trip and excuse to get away. With everything that's been going, Heather is right, it's time to make new traditions, have new memories, to be renewed.

The Cascade Garden:
The Great Lawn:
Looking back over the Great Lawn from the Conservatory:In the Orchid Room:
The Edible Garden: The flowers in the pond and the fruit above the garden are all glass. They also had what we called "The Great Wall of Herbs" where they had a vertical wall of various herbs planted into the wall, held in place by some fabric.
Me in the Rose Garden:
Overlooking the formal seasonal garden with the signature fountain:
John with the largest palm leaves ever in the Conservatory- the pic does not do the leaves justice:
More giant palm leaves:
Here's where we sat, eating a snack. It was so peaceful, it reminded us of our trip to Charleston and great classic movies like Lawrence of Arabia- one of my fav places in the garden:
John in my fav place in the garden- the Japanese Meditation Garden:
Meditation garden:
Meditation Garden:
Me and the frog that greeted us:
We had a fantastic time- I can't wait to go back.
We finished up our outing by eating my b-day dinner at Bahama Breeze. We have never been, but will definitely go back. It was delicious and a wonderful way to end such a perfect day. I know it was a bit early to celebrate, but it worked out perfectly for us. I am so thankful that we had the opportunity and such a wonderful time. One of my best days ever, hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment