Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Healing Times

It's been too long since I've made a post on here. I've been soooo busy running here and there, doing this and that. I figured that it's high time I update everyone on what's been going on.

Beth Moore the weekend before last was FANTASTIC!!! It was amazing to have the opportunity to listen to her speak on her book. She pulled the scripture of the day from Ephesians 4:24 (ironically, the date was 4/24- lol! God's so funny- I guess he worked it out like that so we can always remember the date and what we learned). She gave a list of descriptions of how a secure woman in Christ looks. And let me tell you, she is gorgeous! I am so thankful that I am a new creation and that God is forming me to look more like her everyday. Again I was reminded of how I need to choose to put on the good clothes that He has given me, just like I'd pick out any other outfit I would wear. He's been really on me about that one. So much so, I've felt compelled to make a sign to put in my closet where I get dressed every morning that reads "She is clothed with strength and dignity". The message of the day and the praise songs we sang left me in tears for most of the day. Amazing. That's the only way to describe the work that He's completing in me. Absolutely amazing.

The fun times didn't stop there. The following day in church our youth praise band led the musical part of our worship service and then our youth pastor, Brian, preached about hurting people and where the hope for all situations is found. It's like he was preaching just to me. So many things he said resonated perfectly with the work that God is performing in me. The sermon haunted me for days, until I finally found the courage in Christ to hit the release valve and share some stuff that kept coming up in my memories for the last couple of months on my insecurity journey.

Hindsight is funny. This weekend is Mother's Day. It's proven to be a tough time for me over the last few years. Too much history. Too much hurt. I am so thankful that God has been working so diligently on me the last few months. Really, over the last year. I'm glad that He knows what I'm up against. The things that few people know with what I'm dealing. But healing is a slow process. Sometimes you may think that you're healed, but really it's not a scar, it's still a wound. I'm so thankful that He is the great and mighty Healer and is binding up my wounds to they will no longer fester, but become scars, just reminders of my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment