Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sick, but getting better

Well, I've been feeling a bit under the weather recently (if you've talked to me on the phone, you've heard my stuffy nose). I think that my taking-it-fairly-easy strategy is finally starting to pay off. Today wasn't so bad. I could finally breathe though my nose- which was super welcome after days with a leaky schnoz. I've still got some congestion, but hopefully that will start to ease up tomorrow. I don't know how many more days I can take with my ears being clogged up, hardly able to hear. It could always be way worse, so I'm still counting my blessings.

I had a great conversation this afternoon with my pal, Heather, about the article that was in our local news paper talking about the new yoga studio that she just opened. We knew the article would be coming out this week, but we didn't expect it to be so BIG. We figured that we'd have a little article with a couple of small pics in there, but it turned out to be over half a page with just pictures! Then there was the article that took up some more space! It was fantastic! Hopefully a bunch of folks will read it and come try out a class at the new studio. Unfortunately, with my under-the-weather-ness I missed yoga this week, but hopefully I'll be feeling up to it next week. Our new studio is so perfect- I joke with Heather that it screams tranquility.

On other news as of recent: With the Busy Women's Bible Study officially kicked off I figured that it was about time that I crack open my workbook to review the material before the next session. For some reason I think I'll be more prepared, but I don't think that I can ever be 100% ready, not with God in the mix. Anyways, being the visual person that I am, when I went through the class back in the fall with LOG I had wished for a 3-D layout of the tabernacle and had thought of building one. Although, by the time that I had come up with the idea, we were almost through with the study, so I scratched it. Now that we are going through it again with a larger group of women, I decided that it's time to build it. So though the fog of my sinus issues, I've started working on a to-scale 3-D rendition of the tabernacle that God had Moses build for Him. I've only started with the furniture and I'm almost done, but it's looking really good. Just a few more pieces to go and I'll be ready to start on the walls and assembling the whole thing. I'll tell you what, my rendition of the Ark gave me chills. Granted it's just made out of modeling clay (like all the other pieces of furniture- thanks for the clay mom-it's finally be putting to good use), but just to look at it and imagine what the real one(s) look like started to blow my hazy mind. I can't wait to see the whole thing put together. I even plan on making a little Moses and Aaron (also to scale, assuming they were 6 feet tall, which I doubt, but it makes for an easier calculation). I figure that I'll dress Aaron in his priests clothes, but I haven't decided on Moses. Maybe a potato sack. With flip-flops for sandals. Then again, maybe I should watch The Ten Commandments again, after all everyone thinks that Charlton Heston looked like Moses. Either way, I'll definitely post some pics on here when its done.

Hope everyone else is healthier than I have been!

Lots o Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment