Sunday, February 21, 2010

Whew!

Whew! It has been one heck of a week! I've gotten TONS done. Primarily, I finished the Tabernacle project that I have been working on for a few weeks now; just in time for our Bible study group to meet this Thursday. :) I've also got a bunch of baking done- I received an Amish Cinnamon Bread starter from one of my friends and have made it twice now. It's really yummy, but it sure is a lot of work. Plus John's getting tired of seeing "bags of goo" on the counter every day. lol! Despite his apprehensions about the bags laying out on the counter all week, he's enjoyed eating it. Our V-day dinner at PF Changs went well; it was ton louder in there than I remembered. The best part was dessert (of course)- we ordered the Great Wall of Chocolate- a 6 tier chocolate cake with chocolate icing and little choco chips around the outside swimming in a delish raspberry sauce with strawberries and blueberries. Yummo! Then this past Friday night, John and I attended the Gwinnett PD's Annual Awards Dinner at the Gwinnett Civic Center. I loved going- I finally got to meet some of John's co-workers that I've heard lots of stories on, but never met and got to see a bunch of other police wives that I haven't seen in over a year. It was so nice to catch up with old friends. It was a wonderful evening. Then this weekend with the nice weather John and I have gotten little Sarge out a couple of times for some walks- he's really enjoyed it. He loves the warm, spring-like weather.

This next week is going to be another busy one- LOG's getting together Monday to prepare for our Thursday night Bible Study, plus go over our answers to the study that we are doing based on Beth Moore's new book. Then yoga on Tuesday. Wednesday evening will be spent baking some brownies as a thank you for our youth pastor (he's been helping us out a bunch with technical support before our studies and women's services that we have had recently). Then Thursday is the big Bible study night. Friday, thankfully, there are no plans. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment