Saturday, February 13, 2010

SNOW!

Well, it snowed last night. Just like it did over most of our great state. It was beautifully while it was falling and it looks nice out now, but we are ready for it to be gone. For those who know me best- I HATE winter. I'm ready for it to be over the moment it gets here. The thing that I hate most about the snow (more than it's cold) is how dirty it gets. Sure, at first it's nice being all fluffy and white, but then it gets that nasty brownish color and just looks terrible. The stuff can't melt away fast enough. I sure hope it melts away soon. We're going to the Gwinnett Gladiator's hockey game tonight and I totally don't want to miss that because of a little snow. It's the first game that we've attended in a couple of seasons. The temp's supposed to get into the 40's today so hopefully the roads will clear up enough for us to get out. Another good reason that the snow needs to go: little Sarge hates the stuff, too. He's up to his chest in snow (we got 5 1/2 inches!)! My poor little guy and I were walking around the yard this morning and at one point I knelt down near him and he came over, shaking of course, and put his frozen little front paws on me trying to hop up into my lap. Little fella had ice frozen to his feet when we came in. I had to melt them off with some warm water. Here's some pics from our adventure this morning, enjoy!

Our back yard, just off the lanai:

Sarge a.k.a. Frost for Paws up to his chest in snow (maybe we should make him some snow shoes?):

Our snow covered abode:
Hope the snow's not keep you in! Stay toasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment